The Jackson Laboratory
The Vice President of JMCRS Operations is responsible for all operations of the JMCRS portfolio including Preclinical Services, Reproductive Sciences, Genetic Engineering Services (including Transgenic Genotyping Services), Breeding Services, Model Generation, and Mouse Production. This key leadership role will contribute to and visibly support the strategy and direction established by JMCRS and JAX leadership.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Achieve financial metrics of P&L, revenue growth, and margin improvements in the JMCRS business; fuel the growth in market traction and increase in revenue generation by leading the industry segment in operational excellence for JMCRS products and services;
• Develop data-driven proposals and implement changes to better integrate the various products and technology platform operations;
• Understand the customers and marketplace intimately; utilize this understanding to outperform segment competition and better serve JAX customers;
• Develop professionals and advance team performance through the creation of a collaborative and supportive work environment founded on continuous improvement principles;
• Identify new operational technologies, equipment, and process opportunities that leverage core competencies and add new capabilities to drive productivity and improve safety;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• At least twelve years’ experience in biotech/biomedical manufacturing;
• Demonstrated management and leadership ability required to manage a large group; must have the ability to build and sustain successful technical and business teams;
• Proven experience in formulating and successfully implementing programs/decisions under tight timelines and pressure which carry significant financial and business consequences;
• Travel required to company and customer facilities; must be working on-site at one of the Jackson Laboratory production locations >60% of the time;
• BS/BA degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Business. Advanced degree (MBA/PhD) preferred;
Pay Range: $222,619 – $391,993
This search is being coordinated by ZRG Partners. Interested parties should reach out to:
Sarah Cueto- firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jackson Laboratory is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center and nearly 3,000 employees in locations across the United States (Maine, Connecticut, California), Japan and China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
Founded in 1929, JAX applies over nine decades of expertise in genetics to increase understanding of human disease, advancing treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging and heart disease. It models and interprets genomic complexity, integrates basic research with clinical application, educates current and future scientists, and provides critical data, tools and services to the global biomedical community. For more information, please visit www.jax.org .
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.