General Dynamics - Bath Iron Works
Looking for an opportunity to grow as a Supply Chain professional while supporting the BIW Legacy? We have the perfect role for you!
We’re seeking highly motivated individuals who are looking for a challenging, but rewarding, opportunity. Capital offers the ability to work on a wide variety of procurements, construction, leases, new equipment, repair materials, etc.
**JOB DUTIES / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES**
* Combine project management, business, and legal expertise to draft, evaluate, negotiate, and execute procurement and contract documents, including, but not limited to, terms and conditions, contract closeouts, extensions, and modifications, with minimal oversight.
* Coordinate procurement and contracts activities with project managers, legal counsel, vendors, and key agency stakeholders to ensure projects are defined, documented, completed on time, on budget, and meet stakeholder requirements
* Ensure compliance with procurement and contract standards and requirements and engage the appropriate support, as needed
* Conduct direct negotiations with vendors, monitor vendor performance and review vendor invoices to ensure accurate billing, with minimal oversight.
* Manage and communicate issues and risks associated with assigned contracts to leadership
* Ensure all procurement artifacts, as well as fully executed contracts, are properly recorded and entered into agency databases, and securely maintained
* Manage leases for office, warehouse and parking lots; interact with landlords, property brokers and others to ensure compliance of obligations
* 5+ years’ experience with BS / BA Degree preferably in Business, Finance, or Supply Chain, or a related degree preferred and comparable work experience
* 3-5 years’ experience with MBA or Certification, or direct work experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Property Management or Lease Management
* Paralegal or Legal background beneficial
* Ability to develop a command of complex contract terms in a short amount of time
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate technical decisions/strategies into business terms and implications. Ability to produce clear documentation geared to varied audiences
* Ability to manage a high volume of work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
* Solid project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects
* Positive and energetic with strong cross-functional team experience
* Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude and financial acumen, including the ability to discuss and monitor associated budgets and expenditures
* An excellent sense of humor and a high tolerance for uncertainty in the midst of shifting priorities
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products: MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; knowledge of SharePoint and JIRA