**Dead River Company is seeking a Field Service Business Training Specialist to join our team.**
**This position is based out of South Portland, ME.**
The Field Service Training Specialist is responsible for providing a consistent training experience for all new hires and existing employees to effectively perform their job functions. An important function of the role is assisting with the overall management of Dead River Institute as well as the design and facilitation of training and coaching that reflects and supports Dead River Company standards and vision. Additional training will be conducted via classroom, small group, eLearning, WebEx, or other types of training experience to ensure a consistent experience for all.
The Field Service Training Specialist will partner and collaborate with internal partners to assist and support with companywide training needs and requirements as well as safety and compliance requirements.
* Delivers consistent training for all employees at all Dead River Company locations.
* Provides firsthand, technical training on live fired equipment at Dead River Institute (DRI) for Apprentices, Technicians and Delivery Drivers.
* Maintains the DRI facility and equipment and keeps all associated training up to date based on manufacture requirements and code requirements.
* Facilitates classroom, small group, and on-the-job training for new hires and existing employees on DRC standard practice policies, procedures, and technology.
* Partners with the Regional Director’s as a core or extended team member on projects that may involve process improvement or the implementation of modern technology.
* Responsible for the identification, design, and deployment of training plans (including post-implementation training for process stabilization).
* Conducts comprehensive training needs assessments in conjunction with Training Manager and internal partners (business applications analyst, business optimization specialists, sales, marketing, operations leadership).
* Based on assessment provide feedback, propose targeted solutions, create training plans and a timeline to accomplish proposed solutions, and manage the execution of the plan through completion.
* Work with new and existing employees on identified performance issues and retraining as requested by operations leadership.
* Assists with onboarding of new hires to accelerate assimilation into DRC culture, understanding of business processes, and foster engagement.
* Design and update training and resource materials to reflect and support DRC standard practice.
* Keeps abreast of industry standards and trends, product technology, business processes, and how best to implement training to ensure employees have the knowledge and resources to perform their job functions.
**Education and Experience:**
* A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* A minimum of 5 years’ experience in area of expertise (Delivery, Service, Office) required.
* A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a DRC management role.
* Prior experience with training
* Experience utilizing web-based computer technology to enhance employee learning preferred.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
**Other Attributes Required:**
* Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
* Strong presentation skills
* Ability to foster collaborative, effective relationships with all functional areas
* Ability to create momentum for organizational change
* Alignment with DRC core values
* Ability to work effectively as a team member
* Ability to meet multiple deadlines and business objectives
* Accuracy, organization, and attention to detail
**Certification and Testing:**
Master OB and/or Master LP license and another other applicable license or certification in area of expertise.
Approximately 20 percent of the Specialist’s time is in an office setting performing administrative duties; 80 percent is in the field and/or conducting training. This position requires travel to all Dead River Company locations throughout Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Massachusetts and New York.