**$2,000 Sign-On Bonus**
This Rockport position provides assessment, support and stabilization services in the community, within crisis stabilization units and over a brief 30-day post-crisis stabilization period.
Respond to clients’ calls for assistance in their homes, at schools, in other community locations, or in community hospital’s emergency rooms. Sweetser’s mobile crisis intervention specialists respond to crisis calls from parents, teachers, police officers, other guardians and youths asking for immediate help with a child or family in crisis. Sweetser responds to those crisis calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
**THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:**
• Respond to requests for crisis intervention, consultation and support from person served, family members, community-based service providers and state agencies in order to resolve crisis situations involving children and/or adults who are experiencing an acute psychiatric crisis.
• In collaboration with the caller, determine the need for a face-to-face assessment and, if needed, negotiates a meeting site convenient for the individual that provides safety for all involved.
• Communicate directly with persons experiencing a crisis in order to assess mental status, current level of functioning, and the person’s wishes and goals for crisis resolution.
• Develop a crisis stabilization plan with the person served and family or guardian, if involved, based on a comprehensive crisis assessment that includes mental status and risk assessments.
• May request protective custody interventions by law enforcement personnel in order to resolve potentially life-threatening situations.
• May facilitate voluntary or involuntary hospitalization in accordance with state regulations.
• May facilitate the use of alternatives to hospitalization, including voluntary admission to crisis stabilization units.
• Develop and participate in implementation of crisis follow-up treatment plan by providing intervention services, including the provision of brief case management services and aftercare.
• May transport clients.
• Clean Driver’s license.
• Persons with lived experience in the Mental Health and/or Substance Abuse system are encouraged to apply.
• Mobile Crisis Experience preferred.
• Associates Degree or MHRT/CSP required.
• Bachelors degree preferred.